Andrew E. Behrns
While some lawyers are intimidated by the formality and swift pace of federal court litigation, Andrew Behrns thrives on the challenge. Andrew is quite familiar and very comfortable with these elaborate practices and procedures due to his experience as a judicial law clerk. As the newest asset to the team of attorneys at the Hunter Law Firm, Andrew’s practice focuses on general civil and criminal litigation, with, of course, a specialty in federal courts.
As your attorney, Andrew is committed to providing personal attention and care to your case, while he works diligently for a successful result. He has a reputation for his approach, which combines his tremendous attention to detail, critical legal analysis and practical consideration. Andrew works hard to understand the needs and desires of each client, and to provide reasonable expectations while zealously representing the client’s interests.
Born in Rochester, Minnesota, but mostly raised in Chapel Hill, NC (Go Heels!), Andrew now enjoys time at his home in Yorktown with his beautiful wife, Megan, and their rambunctious son, Everett – who is in training to become as avid a fan of college football and basketball as his daddy, particularly of his beloved Tar Heels and the Fighting Irish. Andrew also enjoys serving at Coastal Community Church in Yorktown.
Areas of practice
- Removal/Deportation defense
- Non-Immigrant Visas
- Permanent Resident Alien applications (Green Card)
- Asylum petitions
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status petitions (SIJS)
- General Civil Litigation
- Contract disputes
- Custody/child support/divorce/prenuptial agreements/adoptions
- Cdministrative hearings
- Real estate disputes
- Wills and estates litigation
- Both residential and commercial real estate closings
- Residential and commercial real estate contract formation, review, or negotiation
- General contract formation, review, or negotiation (including non-compete clauses)
- Criminal Law: All misdemeanors and felonies in both state and federal court
- Hampton Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
Admitted to Practice
- Virginia. 2012.
- U.S. District Court/Eastern District of Virginia. 2013.
- Federal Clerkship, The Honorable United States Magistrate Judge Douglas E. Miller, Eastern District of Virginia, 2012-2013
- College of William & Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law. Williamsburg, VA. Juris Doctor, cum law. 2012
- Florida State University College of Law. Tallahassee, FL.
- University of North Carolina. Chapel Hill, VA. Bachelor of Arts. 2008.
- To Cut or Not to Cut?: Addressing Proposals To Ban Circumcision Under Both a Parental Rights Theory and Child-Centered Perspective in the Specific Context of Jewish and Muslim Infants
- – William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal, Vol. 21, Issue 3 (March 2013)