Hampton Roads Family Lawyers Help Clients Tackle Challenges
Accomplished Virginia lawyers assist clients throughout the Tidewater area
Since 1986, Hunter Law Firm has handled all types of southeast Virginia family law matters by offering clients professional, economical and efficient legal services. We realize that situations relating to matrimonial and parenting concerns require sensitivity, understanding and compassion. Whether you’re getting a divorce, seeking a separation agreement or are involved in a custody dispute, we will handle your case with the utmost discretion. But we also have a reputation for being aggressive when it comes to assisting our clients in resolving a dispute as quickly as possible. To speak to a skilled family law attorney at our law firm, contact us today. With offices in Hampton, Newport News, Chesapeake Southside and Gloucester, you can find an attorney near you who is ready to deliver the advice and advocacy you deserve.
Highly qualified lawyers handle divorces, custody issues and other matters
No matter what family law issue is affecting your life, we are here to provide you with experienced guidance and sound advice, and to answer any questions you have about divorce. Our firm represents Hampton Roads clients in a full range of family law matters, including cases related to:
- Divorce — Regardless of how amicable you and your soon-to-be ex-spouse are towards each another, it is in your best interests to consult with a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you with divorce filing in Virginia.
- Separation agreements — At our southeast Virginia law firm, we realize that divorce may not be an option for you because of your religious beliefs or because you wish to retain certain financial benefits of your marriage. If you choose, we can assist you in drafting a separation agreement.
- Prenuptial agreements — Regardless of your wealth, a prenuptial agreement can protect your personal assets in case you and your spouse wish to divorce in the future.
- Custody and visitation — Few family law situations can be as hostile as those involving child custody and visitation. When parenting time and authority is at stake, our tenacious lawyers can fight for your rights in court.
- Property settlement agreements — During divorces, we work closely with clients and their spouses to develop a fair property settlement agreement. If that is not possible, our attorneys prepare a detailed argument in support of a favorable result under the state’s equitable distribution law.
- Child and spousal support — Obtaining child support and spousal support can be difficult in the State of Virginia. Our experienced lawyers can help you understand the formulas and factors used in these cases and assist you in pursuit of a successful result.
- Adoption — Bringing a child into your family through adoption is a joyful moment, but before adopting, you should always consult with a skilled attorney regarding the necessary legal process.
- Name changes — We gladly assist clients who wish to change their names. Our attorneys can help you fill out and notarize a name change application.
- Military divorce — We have extensive experience helping members of the armed service with divorce proceedings. If you require assistance with a military divorce, our attorneys can guide you through the filing process.
- Protective orders — If you have been attacked or threatened by a family member, relationship partner or someone in your household, our firm can help you seek a protection order. This can prohibit the subject of the order from contacting or communicating with you.
Whatever leads you to seek family law counsel, we will treat your matter with care and work diligently to achieve the resolution you seek while minimizing the stress and disruption to your daily routine.
Contact a knowledgeable Virginia family law attorney for a consultation
Hunter Law Firm represents clients from throughout the Hampton Roads area in divorces, adoptions, protection order proceedings and other legal matters related to family life. To discuss your situation and options with a seasoned attorney, contact us online or call 757-825-0400 to visit us at one of our four convenient offices, located in Hampton, Newport News, Chesapeake and Gloucester.