Virginia Lawyers Provide Exceptional Legal Support in a Range of Matters
Hampton Roads attorneys have five area offices to serve you
The Hunter Law Firm, located in Virginia, is dedicated to providing quality legal services in the areas of personal injury, family and divorce law, traffic, criminal defense, immigration, civil litigation, real estate and wills, trusts and estates. Our goal is to provide the most professional, economical and efficient legal service available. Our founder and President, Thomas L. Hunter, has been practicing for more than 30 years, and his team has more than 100 combined years of experience. Recently, Mr. Hunter was selected to be President of the Hampton Bar Association, and in the past has served on the Virginia State Board of Ethics. We proudly serve clients across the Hampton Roads area, including:
- Peninsula — From offices in Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg and Gloucester, our firm assists clients in York County and throughout the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula.
- Southside — Our Chesapeake location is convenient to Southside clients and residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Suffolk and other municipalities on the Southern Shore.
No matter the situation, our lawyers take action for clients and work tirelessly for their success in these practice areas:
- Personal injury — If you are injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering and inconvenience. There are no attorney’s fees unless we obtain monetary compensation for you.
- Auto accidents — Whether you are injured in a car accident, motorcycle accident or truck accident, it is vital that your attorney understands both the laws and the personal issues you face. Each personal injury attorney at our firm has extensive experience in the laws governing all types of motor vehicle accidents. We also provide the compassionate support you need while going through the legal process during a difficult period in your life. You do not pay attorney’s fees unless we obtain monetary compensation for you.
- Workers’ compensation — For injuries that occur on the job, we can assist you in obtaining the benefits you deserve. Our attorneys can help you obtain what the law allows for your lost wages, payment of medical bills and additional compensation for qualified permanent injuries.
- Criminal defense — Poor decisions or simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time can result in criminal charges and possible incarceration. We handle all types of criminal cases, including minor infractions, misdemeanors and the most serious felony indictments, such as drug possession, narcotics sales, grand larceny, white-collar fraud, embezzlement, murder and sex offenses.
- Traffic offenses — Our traffic-related representation ranges from minor infractions, such as speeding or improper equipment, to more serious charges such as reckless driving, DUI, driving as a habitual offender and driving on a suspended license.
- Family law — When faced with legal disputes that arise between family members or domestic partners, our experienced attorneys in Hampton, VA can provide stability in a trying time. We represent clients in a wide range of family law matters in a compassionate manner, including military divorce and divorce; child custody, visitation and support; adoptions; paternity suits; prenuptial, postnuptial and separation agreements; protective orders and name changes.
- Divorce — We realize that divorce can occur for a variety of reasons. Our highly qualified attorneys are prepared to work closely with you and your spouse in resolving your differences over issues such as custody, child support, property division and spousal support. We help clients with legal separations, military divorce, and mediation.
- Real estate — Our real estate attorneys are CRESPA (Consumer Real Estate Settlement Protection Act) certified, bonded and insured. We provide representation for all aspects of real estate transactions, including closings, contracts, leases, options, title correction proceedings, mortgage foreclosures and document preparation and review for compliance with state and federal laws. We also address landlord/tenant matters for both commercial and residential properties.
- General civil litigation — The firm’s general litigation department provides representation for a broad range of civil matters, including commercial and real estate litigation, landlord/tenant matters, creditors suits and construction litigation. We provide our clients with prompt reporting of case activity, realistic litigation budget plans and cost-effective control of discovery and trial expenses.
- Business law — We represent business clients in a wide variety of areas, from choosing and forming the proper entity to assisting in day-to-day matters. Our goal is to provide practical, efficient advice and services to help meet the needs of our clients and to assist them in all aspects of complex corporate and transactional matters.
- Wills, trusts and estates — Advanced planning can save your loved ones a great deal of anxiety and ensure that your desires are realized when you can no longer express them. We can assist you by preparing wills, advance medical directives and powers of attorney documents to keep the process of settling your estate as simple and efficient as possible.
For more information on the philosophy and mission of our firm, please visit our firm overview page.
Se habla español
Para hablar con un abogado de sobre su asunto legal, contáctenos por correo electrónico o llame a una de nuestras cuatro oficinas convenientes.
Contact an experienced southeast Virginia attorney for a consultation
Hunter Law Firm handles a wide range of legal challenges for clients throughout the Hampton Roads area, including matters related to personal injury, criminal defense, family law and real estate. Please contact us online or call 757-825-0400 to schedule an appointment. Our five offices are located in Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Gloucester and Williamsburg.